Welcome to SPINOS VI
This is the sixth international conference on Spins in Organic Semiconductors. Following successful conferences in Bologna (2007), Salt Lake City (2009), Amsterdam (2010), London (2012), and Himeji (2014), the sixth meeting will occur October 16-20, 2016 on the campus of the University of Chicago in the new Institute for Molecular Engineering building.
Topics of interest include:
- Organic spintronics
- New methods of generating spin currents, including spin Hall effects and spin pumping
- Magnetic field effects in organic materials
- Organic magnets
- Spin chemistry
- Spin statistics in organic semiconductor materials and devices
- and other spin-related phenomena in organic materials
A block of rooms has been reserved at the Hyatt Place Chicago-South at 5225 S. Harper Ave., Chicago, IL, a few blocks from the conference location.
The conference banquet will be Wednesday evening October 19 at the Field Museum.
Confirmed Invited Speakers include
- Martin Brandt, University of Munich
- Stephen Forrest, University of Michigan
- Danna Freedman, Northwestern University
- Song Gao, Peking University
- Nicholas Harmon, University of Iowa
- Yan Li, University of Utah
- Ezekiel Johnston-Halperin, Ohio State University
- Stefano Sanvito, Trinity College Dublin
We hope to see you in Chicago in October!
Michael Flatté and David Awschalom, co-chairs of SPINOS VI
Dates & Deadlines
- Abstract Submission: July 15, 2016
- Abstract Decision Notification: July 20, 2016
- Registration Deadline: September 7, 2016
- Housing Deadline: September 7, 2016
- SPINOS VI: October 16-20, 2016